Old 04-16-2009, 05:38 PM   #22
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927
Default Re: Loopholes let gun smuggling to Mexico flourish

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
At the end of the day, is it really our job to take care of the Mexicans? I don't want to sound like a sole-nationalist here...but if the rest of the world is really so upset over America...let's just pull the great majority of our troops back to become our own personalized border patrol. Nobody in or out...
I agree entirely.

But...

The way I hear it from inside DC is that we allow mass illegal "immigration" because much of the money earned here goes back to families in Mexico. It is said that we really shut that down Mexico would explode into revolution that would spill over into the US. That's the excuse for the debacle on our side. Not sure I buy it, but it could splain some things. Ever wonder why NOBODY (NO-@#$%ing-BODY) will step up to fix this? And its bipartisan.

And...

Our most favored trade partner, the Chinese, flood North America with arms and ammo. Shutting down gun traffic from the US is but a drop in the ocean. Not saying don't do it, just pointing out the minimal impact.

And...

ANYTHING that abridges my right (and responsibility) to bear arms I am vehemently in opposition to.

What is at issue here is not what gets sold to whom in the US. Its what crosses the border. Enforce the border and this aspect of the problem goes away.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote