Old 04-16-2009, 06:06 PM   #24
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,977 Times in 3,413 Posts
Default Re: Loopholes let gun smuggling to Mexico flourish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
AK47s are not manufactured in the United States. They are made in China and Russia. And the AR-15s are sold directly to the Mexican Government.

Does that happen? Sure it does, does it happen at the Volume you suggest?

No.

The majority of guns come in from the Ocean, right into Mexican Ports, and are from other countries that don't care if they arm Mexican Gangs because in the long run, they turn those guns on each other and eventually on Americans.

i know where ak-47's are from. (i dont even know why you brought it up). they are popular worldwide because they are simple, sturdy, easy to maintain, and reliable. you can drop them in swamps and mud and they still work.

and uzis are israeli. now tell me something i dont know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
And here we have our difference of opinion. You suggest that the NRA and Beck and groups like that are painting a Doomsday Picture about Obama taking guns away, while you paint a Doomsday Picture of the US Guns in Mexico.
actually we have a difference of facts (even though the only ones you brought to the table came from the same source).

im painting a doomsday picture? more like the ATF and federal agents are. once again reading comprehension fails you. but being that youre on a streak, why end it?

Quote:
What your argument insinuates is that there are truck loads of guns, being run across the border into Mexico, which are bought at Local Gun shops and Gun Shows legally and then sold on the black market to drug cartels.
i see you are gonna just go gbmelblounts route and just completely make shit up. your interperative narrative was lame.

i didnt write the article, youre starting an argument with the lame usage of skewed facts that have nothing to do with the article, and the article descriptively shows EXACTLY how the guns are being smuggled across the boarder. so why would i insinuate "truckloads"?

i didnt suggest the volume. the freaking feds did! what part about this do you not understand?

anyways it seems you are ignorant to the situation that is actually going on down there and are too close minded about being informed.