View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 01:26 AM   #16
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225
Default Re: Sikhs fight Army over bans on turbans, uncut hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Honestly, the recruiters need to be reigned in. Some of the idiocy the recruiters pull is downright dishonorable. I was thinking about going in the army as a chaplain. I had one outright lie to me about the process (chaplains DONT go through basic training . . . They Don't even GO to basic... they go to a specialized officer training program for chaplains).

http://www.goarmy.com/chaplain/chapl...idate_prog.jsp

This idiot was trying to get me to go right into basic. If ANY recruiter promises you something, GET IT IN WRITING.

If these guys were promised that... and they can prove it. Then it isn't their problem... IT IS THE RECRUITERS FAULT.
Sure some lie..... I guess.... and they don't know all the answers but I know they act like they do. I'm not going to jump on the recruiter on this one even if he did lie, because if this was that important to them they should have done more research on their own, I guess the way you found out for yourself you would have to go to basic.

The recruiter I had pulled no punches he was honest and upfront about everything I asked.