Old 04-18-2009, 06:27 AM   #28
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401
Default Re: Sikhs fight Army over bans on turbans, uncut hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
They don't realize the future negative outcomes at all. The Deal is You wear the Army Green, you get the High and Tight, and you shave. There is a reason you shave. It is for the protection provided by NBC, Nuclear Biological Chemical, Gear specifically the Gas Mask. You must be clean shaven for the Seal to properly set.

Its standard. Its the Rule. Either Shave and Cut the hair and put on the cap, or go join the Peace Corp and get your rocks off helping people that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
Ever been forward deployed? Ever seen the doctors and medical staff in the rear of a combat brigade? They wear flak jackets and everything when stuff gets thick. Do we now make turban conforming kevlar helmets? Do we say, "hey you asked for it, sorry that mortar threw shrapnel in your head?"

Somehow I don't think that's the way to go. I went through basic 14 years ago, but I'm pretty sure the Kevlar helmet is still the standard combat headwear.
This is a 21st Century. Anything is possible. Let em have specially designed helmet & even a gas mask if they want & make em pay 4 it. Wasn't there sometime where the families of the troops were sending all kinds of bulletproof vests & etc. when the military couldn't supply the troops with proper bulletproof vest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
So if they die because they are allowed to not wear a helmet when it could have saved them and now that unit is without a doctor and more people suffer because the Sikh who didn't have to wear a helmet, that's OK too?

After all, he's only asking for it for himself. And that would be the perfect counter argument to allowing them to wear it. It's selfish and self serving, something the military doesn't have a need or room for.
Selfish? They're not sneaking out of a country 2 Canada, R they? They' said they'll B with U only if ...

OK, like I said before, I'm not here 2 start an endless debate. Now it is more becoming like I'm a some foreigner who is trying 2 teach U how the US army should B like. All I did was 2 try 2 show U the other side of a coin, & there is more 2 it than what U thought at the moment. But what do I know? I've never been with the military. & since U guys been with the military I know U guys R entitled 2 say what's it like in the army & maybe how it should stay. Thanks 4 sharing your views.