View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 06:24 PM   #9
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Penguins/Oilers trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerDan43
The only guys that have played well are Crosby, Whitney, Christianson, and Oullet.
Christensen was sent down to WBS/Scranton. Hopefully he can get out of Therrien's doghouse. For some reason his game dropped.

Whitney. While he is still young, the kid can't hit the broadside of a barn from what I have seen. He tends to pinch up at the wrong times resulting in a good number of two on ones. Hopefully this former first round pick (5th overall) matures into a solid defenseman with a scoring touch in the near future.

Quellet is a player that has stepped up his play in the pro's. His game is simple, get in front of the net and the goals will come.

The one forward that I'm down on this season is Konstantin Koltsov. I was high on this kid his first year here. I felt his brain and hands needed to catch up to his feet, but eventually would bloom into a gem. He has not done that to this day. Zero goals this season is not cutting it. I felt his speed could be deadly in the "new" NHL. But If you can't hit the net or even get the chances, speed is pointless.

Side Note : 1-0 Isles over Pens in the 1rst

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 01-26-2006 at 06:36 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote