Old 04-20-2009, 07:41 AM   #36
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: Sikhs fight Army over bans on turbans, uncut hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
I'm not trying to be an ass in this. I'm not the one who's getting screwed here. However, I can tell you this, the instant that we let standards slip a little bit for one or two people, is the instant that the entire squad slips. That leads to a company slipping, which hurts the Battalion, and their Brigade and so on and so forth. There's a reason why the standards are so strictly forced. When you stop forcing standards, you lose discipline and that leads to lost lives. It might seem/feel melodramatic for those on the outside looking in, and for the most part, it won't likely be quite as bad as it sounds...there is still more than just a grain of truth to that statement.

Well put XFL. It's the same as when we raise our children. We have standards for our house and if we allow one child to get away with something not to our standard, then the next child will think they can get away with that AND MORE.

When I joined the Navy, I knew what I was getting myself into at that moment. I think I had one of those rare recruiters that had full disclosure.

Our country has compromised a lot in the past 15-20 years. If we start to compromise our military, then we compromise our security and our freedom.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote