Banned
Supporter

Location: From Pittsburgh, currently going to school in Rochester
Member Number: 811
Default Re: My Pirate Pre-Season Analysis

3B

Starter - Joe Randa
Backup - Freddy Sanchez

3B is one of the major holes on this team. Joe Randa had a nice season last year and sparked serious trade bait from teams lookin for that last piece for the playoff run but lets face it, he is not the answer to the Pirates hole at third that has been an issue since Ramirez was given away for a song and a dance. Being 36 now is when father time is catching up with Randa. In the first half of last season with the Reds he hit .289 but tired in the second half after being traded to the Padres hitting a measly .256. Now dont get me wrong he has the potential to a decent stop gap for now ala Kenny Lofton. I expect about .280 or so out of him and about 10 HR, decent but not what we could of had if we could of just kept Ramirez and our cheap ownership wouldnt of made DL dump his salary... But thats another gripe for another time. If he struggles though ala Chris Stynes I fully expect Sanchez to come in and take the starting job from him. I would really like to see what we have with Sanchez if he could start on a regular basis. As I said before, he was a highly regarded prospect with the Red Sox. But I dont know if he will be the future at the position. 3B will be a pressing issue for the Bucs all season

My Grade - C-
SteelerDan43 is offline   Reply With Quote