View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 04:59 PM   #15
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302
Default Re: Buckeyes Roll Out New Offense Centerd On Pryor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
OSU has had an average finish of about #7 over the Tressel era. He finally started recruiting blue chip players who DON'T run and catch and throw the football.

I'm just not a nattering nabob of negativism, and, quite frankly, I think it's a joke that OSU alum expect to win a football championship every single year...

As far as the Big Ten being "a joke", that's also extremely short-sighted and petulant thinking. It's all cyclical, and the Big Ten will rise again.
I disagree about the big 10 rising again. I think they are on a steady decline. There is little hope for anyone in that conference save OSU and maybe UM. Let's face it, sports is a short sighted, what have you done for me lately environment. If that weren't the case John Cooper would still be there. What was the average finish of john Cooper teams?

Big 10 football is slow and boring, speed always, always, always kills Big 10 teams, and with the era of the spread offense, the big 10 is not in good shape. We can agree to disagree, fine by me, but what about my comments is petulant? Look at the Big 10's out of conference records against top 25 teams and bowl records, the numbers don't lie.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote