Banned
Supporter

Location: From Pittsburgh, currently going to school in Rochester
Member Number: 811
Default Re: My Pirate Pre-Season Analysis

LF

Starter - Jason Bay
Backup - Nate McClouth/Jody Gerut/Jose Bautista

We are set a LF for easily the next decade. Bay is the real deal, no sophmore slump for him last year! He hit .306 with 32 HR and 101 RBI. Easily the Pirate with the most pop. His only problem offensively was his strike outs (142 last year). He got jobbed in the All Star Game last year based mostly on Lloyd's feud with LaRussa. He also sucked it up in the Home Run Derby... Look for him to have another All Star season and become one of if not the premier left fielders in league. He along with possibly Casey and Perez are the only Bucs with a real shot to be part of the hometown roster for the All Star game at PNC park this year. The one question mark that continues through all the out field is who will be the backup? Nate McClouth has great potential but has no where to play with Duffy in CF and the signing of Burnitz in right. I'd like to see him go to triple A to continue to get playing time and come up in September to play right. Gerut is obviously not the future and can be a serviceable backup in the OF for now, but he has no real potential in my opinion.

My Grade - A

Last edited by SteelerDan43; 01-27-2006 at 02:20 PM.
SteelerDan43 is offline   Reply With Quote