nu4everfan15
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1056
Default Re: 2006 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dook
I rank the needs in this order:

#1 WR
Randel El is likely gone. Hines is still the #1 WR with Wilson as our #2. Quincy Morgan or Nate Washington should compete for the slot and #3 WR spot but I'd love to see us get Martin Nance or Hank Baskett so we can begin developing for the future. Also, what if Hines gets hurt?

#2 RB
Duce may be gone but I think we give him a chance next year to see if he can produce and we still have Willie Parker. Verron is probably never going to be more than a #3 so I'd like to see us get another big back like Cedric Hume if he's available.

#3 OL
Hartings may or may not retire. He's still capable but he will need to restructure if he stays because his $7m isn't going to allow us to pay others. His backup, Kemo, may get the start but I would get the best talent available.

#4 LB
I just don't think the talent available is better than what we have but we need to look for added depth. Porter gets $5m next year and we just can't keep paying him that kind of money. I really think that we will have no choice but to let him go after next year.

#5 QB
Need a #3.
i pretty much agree... these are the players i like for the steelers at those positions...

WR- Mike Hass- Oregon State, Steve Breaston, Michigan (what a returner... simply said, he could take place of Randle El easily)
RB- DonTrell Moore, New Mexico, Wali Lundy, Virginia (he's a scorer)
OL- Donovan Raiola C Wisconsin, Greg Eslinger C Minnesota, Matt Lentz G Michigan, Ryan O'Callaghan T Cal
LB- DeMeco Ryans Bama, Nick Reid Kansas, Will Derting Wash st.
QB- Kellen Clemens Oregon, Brodie Croyle Bama, Bruce Gradkowski Toledo
nu4everfan15 is offline   Reply With Quote