View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 12:11 AM   #13
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750
Default Re: Obama/GE Scandal to Make Watergate Look Like Shirley Temple Movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Well, what would YOU do if your job was to defend a guy who's clearly out of his league and in over his head?
I don't think it's his job to defend the president. I'm sure he must find it somewhat enjoyable. I move to question your role.

You are forgetting, as a member of the ousted political party, that you find the president disagreeable because he ran on a different political platform during the election (which you apparently disagreed with). So it is no mystery that, since then, you continue to disagree with him. Unfortunately, for you, this is a democracy, and a democracy respects the will of the majority. I know that unyielding confidence in their own judgment can compel some in the minority to drag their feet every step of the way, but it really only serves to be counterproductive to solving the problems at hand.

Obama made things very clear during the election. No one should be surprised. He's doing exactly what America elected him to do. And if you remain unsatisfied with the tally, let me remind you that there are still plenty of governments out there that think the masses are too easily mislead, too uneducated, too emotional, and thus wholly incapable of making their own decisions. I suggest you read up on them.