View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 08:58 AM   #58
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302
Default Re: bho is what he is

I never said there weren't other reasons for the alliance, certainly there are, but what you've done, in your desperate fascination with disagreeing with me, is confuse the issue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
Maybe god will give the Jews a new place to call Israel. I got news for you, when we are done with oil, Israel will be on her own. The ole clock is ticking on Israel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
By the by, we are not allies with Israel over oil. We are allies with Israel because:
At least in the last 2 posts you acknowledge oil is a part of that alliance. I don't care about why we started our alliance with them, through a series of missteps and because the Middle East is a cesspool of historic hatred, Israel has become a more and more important ally because of the growing disdain of Western civilization and our need for balance in the region. We have even *gasp* disagreed and left Israel on her own on occasion to create that balance.

It's only natural that other minor alliances would sprout up, but again, I'm not denying those. The main and most important reason we are in the Middle East is because of oil. Everything that flows from our presence there is an attempt to remain in control. That was all I was saying. But back to your original reply to my post:

Quote:
A) We need allies in that part of the World regardless Why do we need allies there? We want to control the area because of its significant strategic value and most everyone over there hates us.

B) The US has a HUGE Jewish population...if I'm not mistaken (and, Christ, I'm sure one of my internet stalkers will do the research and throw it back in my face if I am, thereby adding to their phyrric victory total), there are more Jews living in the US than any other Country outside of Israel. I assume this is a reference to the Jewish Lobby, which is a reasonable argument but still pales in comparison to the strategic value of the region.

The partnership with Israel is a strategic one, not a tactical one. We have been and NEED TO continue to be allies with Israel for our own good as well as theirs. Why? Cause giving up control of a valuable strategic asset (oil) would be bad.
You see, if you weren't so angry, it's pretty clear we weren't that far off. The bold is my assumed answers, I figure you got that.

Quote:
You are basically saying that Israel is only valuable to us because it is located close to oil, but that's simply not true. We have a complex and interdependent economic partnership with them. We have a huge Jewish population in the states. Israel is a secular democracy, and, as such, is a natural ally to the US REGARDLESS of it's geographic location.
I never said it is only valuable because of oil, I contend that is the overriding and greatest proportion of that value. I also provided a source to say our #1 priority there is oil.

Quote:
It's quite humorous to watch you myopically argue then thump your chest, rejoicing in a meaningless "victory", but the bottom line is you are wrong. The strategic alliance between the US and Israel began, is, and will continue to be MUCH more than just oil. It's cultural, political, scientific, academic and economic.
I find it humorous one negative comment about OSU has you so ravenously disagreeing with me all over these boards. Our presence in the Middle East is about the oil, the rest is the proverbial icing on the cake. I don't think that is much of a stretch, although I'm sure you will nit pick it or now contend you are bored.

Final note, look at all the big words you're throwing out! I guess this doesn't qualify as a "cut or personal attack" in your view, huh?

Quote:
Saying "neener neener neener" does nothing here, so I'll ignore the childish petulant nonsense (not to mention the didantic nature of your posts) and get straight to the flaws in your argument:
I think you meant didactic there professor; ya get what you give Rev.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote