View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 07:21 PM   #24
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,057 Times in 2,604 Posts
Default Re: now is time to PANIC! uber capitalist Warren Buffett....

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
I don't understand. Isn't it Buffet's job to be a cheerleader for the economy to get better pretty much no matter what? If Warren Buffet comes out and says that the new giant government welfare bill is bad, there will be a giant knee-jerk reaction and Wall Street contraction that will hurt him in the near AND long term.

I'm actually glad he's doing his part to help turn things around, but that's really all it is: He's allaying people's fears and spreading some good news amongst consumers and investors in hopes of thing rallying sooner rather than later...
you dont understand? knowing this response was coming, i already addresed it in a prior post in this thread. a pre-emptive strike so to speak.

anyways-

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Stocks...&asset=&ccode=

Quote:
Investors are mindful that the stock market typically turns around, on average, about four months ahead of the economy, so stocks tend to rise even when economic data still isn't robust. The S&P 500 is up 33.6 percent since Wall Street's rally began March 10. The Dow is up 28.5 percent.
nasdaq is up about the same as well.

"but...but...but... obama..."

still, experts in the know (as opposed to messageboard panic artists) all admit there is no magic pill for a cure.

we are in unchartered waters. atleast now, we are a few nautical miles away trying to steer the economical titanic away from the iceberg as opposed to a just a few thousand yards.