Default Re: Is Pakistan Next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
PAnicKISTAN!!!!

bin laden dead yet?
Glad you mention that.

Quote:
Obama, Lowering the Bar on Capturing or Killing Bin Laden

I know I'm supposed to be outraged that Obama is downplaying the importance of finding and killing Osama bin Laden.

And yes, this represents another statement expiration date, as Obama's convention speech included this shameful line:

When John McCain said we could just "muddle through" in Afghanistan, I argued for more resources and more troops to finish the fight against the terrorists who actually attacked us on 9/11, and made clear that we must take out Osama bin Laden and his lieutenants if we have them in our sights. John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the Gates of Hell - but he won't even go to the cave where he lives.

And now, we learn, apparently, Barack Obama won't go there, either.
The link withing the quote gives us this fine piece:

Quote:
The president-elect tells CBS that the terror leader must be "pinned down," but not necessarily killed or captured.

"If we have so tightened the noose that he's in a cave somewhere and can't even communicate with his operatives, then we will meet our goal of protecting America.
Either it's important to find and kill him as stated in his campaign promise...or it isn't. Naturally, now that he's won the vote of the majority...it's not nearly as important.

Didn't take him very long to break that campaign promise though, did it?