View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 11:48 AM   #4
trauben
Bench Warmer

Location: City of reigning Super Bowl and Stanley Cup Champions!!!
Member Number: 7929
Default Re: Because I'm hungry and it's almost lunch.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
LOL.

I cooked up 6 chicken breast tenderloins this morning while I made eggs, sausage, toast (and coffee) for my wife. That is all I eat 8a - 5pm Monday thru Friday.....chicken. Needless to say I would love some input too!
Holy Smokes! Thats some serious eating there! I got full just reading that menu! LOL

I had Banana Nut Cherrios and skim milk around 5:30 myself. Your menu sounded better by far!

Quote:
As you probably know, Steelerstrength is a world champion bodybuilder and eats a lot of chicken. I know he has some very good chicken marinades/recipes.
No, I didn't know. I'll look forward to reading his input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
Depends on what you're going for when you like your chicken.
"Edible" and filling! LOL!

Quote:
I like to take a barbecue sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's is the best IMO) and a good Rub (Canadian Steak Seasoning) and combine the two.

The salt from the rub will keep most of the juices inside the bird and give you a very pasty coating. (This is for when you forget to actually prepare a marinade, which I often do.) It's good with Steak/Ribs as well.

Some good marinades...

If you're into spicy chicken (or steak/ribs)

I like to layer the bottom of a baking dish with some thinly sliced sweet onions. Take half a jar of jalapenos and layer the onions with the peppers. I place the chicken on top of the veggies and then dump the rest of the jar (juice and all) on top. Cover and chill in the fridge for 24 hours. I have a small "marinade" fridge so that the smells don't get into the rest of the food. If possible, consider doing that as well.
Man, that sounds good. I'm not really all that into "hot" spicy stuff. I like to keep my "A" player cool, calm and collective, if ya know what I mean!

I think I'm beginning to regret only having those grapefruit halves for lunch. But I got a 3k coming up in 2 weeks, so I'm trying to "lighten" the load so I don't look too pathetic out there versus my daughter. Thats why the chicken is hitting the menu big time.

trauben is offline   Reply With Quote