View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #24
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741
Default Re: Because I'm hungry and it's almost lunch.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 View Post
Even though I hate French's Mustard, I may try this one XFL. The rest of the ingredients are many of my faves.
Just remember, that recipe calls for French's...but I don't carry French's mustard in my shopping list. Nobody in my house likes the flavor of that mustard, so the wife get's something else. (Don't remember what though...as I don't eat mustard on anything...it's only good to cook with.)

Change it up to taste. If you have a different mustard you like, by all means. Most of my favorite recipes are so basic/simplistic that you'd wonder why they're good...but it's the little tweaks, changes and additions that make them work.

One of my favorite game day recipes is an old family recipe called Alpo.

1lb Ground Beef
1lb Sausage
1 big block of Velveeta Cheese.

Brown the beef/sausage together, drain/rinse. Cut the velveeta up into small blcoks and toss all into a crockpot...stir occasionally. Makes a cheesy-sloppy joe like mixture. Slap on a bun and you're ready to go.

Variations involve: Fresh veggies cooked in with it (chopped pepper/onions is the easy choice)

Spiced with your favorite spices (i.e. garlic, anything Mrs. Dash, dried habanero powder).

You could toss in some salsa and substitute a couple of small blocks of mexican velveeta for a siesta style party.

Use your imagination when you cook. If you know what you like already, it's hard to go wrong.