View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 03:07 PM   #35
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408
Default Re: Pens VS Red wings part deux

I believe we can win. Naturally, Fleury will have to be better than good, which is not a stretch the way he has been playing. He will probably have to steal a game as well. Again, not out of the realm of probability.

Hal Gill has played well in the post season, imo. Sure he is not fleet footed (or is that fleet skated ). Still, I thought he was partucularly good in the Caps' series. He makes up for some of his lack of speed with his reach. And how many players in the league have no weaknesses to their games? Maybe what matters most with Gil is pairing him with the right D partner. We shall see how it works against Detroit the second go-round.

I know this is getting ahead of the Stanley Cup train, but, truth be told, I think Gil might be the number one FA concern for the Pens in the off season (he is a FA?). I'd be tempted to say it was Guerin, but at 38 -39 they Pens have to temper any multi-year contract offers with the worry about a quick decline in his game. Plus it might be easier to find another winger for Sid (they have two years in a row) than a veteran top line defensive player.

That's not to say I wouldn't want Guerin back. If he is willing to stick around on a 1 or 2 year contract, that would be awesome.
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote