SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: Penn State Football Thread

http://post-gazette.com/pg/09153/974530-100.stm
Penn State lands top WPIAL lineman
Tuesday, June 02, 2009
By Mike White, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Fox Chapel High School's Miles Dieffenbach, one of the top linemen in WPIAL football, has decided to attend Penn State.

Dieffenbach, a 6-foot-5, 285-pound junior, made a verbal commitment to Penn State yesterday while on a visit to the university with his parents. He will play either guard or center for the Nittany Lions.

High school football players can't sign a binding letter of intent with a college until February of their senior years. But they can accept a scholarship and make a verbal commitment at any time. Dieffenbach is the fourth player from the WPIAL class of 2010 to commit to Penn State.

Dieffenbach said he chose Penn State over Pitt, although he also had scholarship offers from Syracuse, Virginia, Florida State, South Florida, Boston College, Northwestern and Minnesota.

"I had been up there for the Michigan State and Indiana games last year," Dieffenbach said. "But all I saw then was the stadium and it was unbelievable. I visited with my dad a few weeks ago and then my mom came up this time. When I saw the place the last two times, it was totally different. The campus, the facilities, everything was unbelievable."

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote