View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 02:56 AM   #1010
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Pens VS Red wings part deux

The league has since removed the link to that page after the Trib called them out on it. Too little, too late I say.

Anyway, given what I've been reading in our own media, the Pens may as well not even take the ice on Friday night, since everything is apparently so stacked against them. No team has won a Final Game 7 on the road since 1971 (Montreal over Chicago). That Habs team is also the last to win the Cup after losing the first 2 games on the road. The Wings are 11-1 at home this postseason and have won 5 of the 6 meetings against the Pens in the last 2 Finals by a combined score of 21-6. Crosby has just 1 point in those 6 games; Malkin 3. Fleury has a save percentage of .898 in those games. So given that, the Wings should treat the Pens like pylons on their way to their 2nd straight Cup, at least according to them.

As Mike Tomlin would say, I don't subscribe to that hocus-pocus.

What they fail to mention is that though this is the first time the Pens have ever played a Final Game 7, neither have the Wings. In fact, this will be the Wings' first Final Game 7 since 1955. Both teams do have several guys who have played in a Final Game 7 - The Pens' Coach Bylsma (2003 w/ ANA), Sykora (2001 w/ NJ and 2003 w/ ANA) and Fedotenko (2004 w/ TB). The Wings? Babc0ck (2003 w/ ANA as HC) and Rafalski (2001 and 2003 w/ NJ). Every other player on both teams don't have a clue as to what it's like. So experience really doesn't matter in this case. I certainly am not going into this game thinking the Pens have no chance - they absolutely do, and I really believe they are going to win, and shock the world in the process.