View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 03:42 PM   #19
Petesburgh66
Team Captain

Member Number: 1988
Default Re: Hossa signs with Red Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Didn't know they offered him a 7-year deal. Where the hell are they going to get the money? They just re-signed Franzen to an 11-year deal and re-upped Zetterberg for big money earlier in the season. They're still paying Datsyuk and Lidstrom a pretty penny, and I believe Filppula got an extension as well. If they end up signing Hossa, they will significantly weaken other areas, guaranteed. My guess is he ends up in Edmonton, and I wouldn't be shocked if the Hab-nots and, sadly for you, the Leafs come calling. There better not be any calls from Ray Shero - I'm with Crushzilla in that I don't want that piece of playoff underperforming garbage back. He just proved this year that last postseason was a fluke.
Here is a link to the reported 7- year deal (ESPN reported it first)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...tion=si_latest

In my view, let Detroit sign and keep the overrated piece of crap, mostly because he will handcuff the Red Wings in terms of the salary cap.

I highly doubt the Maple Leafs will be interested in Hossa and vice versa. Hossa won't win a cup in Toronto any time soon as they are rebuilding. Plus with Brian Burke running the show, it's no secret that he wants the Sedin twins to come to Toronto. And the following season, Rick Nash and Roberto Luongo are unrestricted free agents. Nash is the type of player Burke wants. Hossa did himself no favours with that craptastic finals performance.
Petesburgh66 is offline   Reply With Quote