Old 06-16-2009, 04:10 PM   #11
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: 2009 Free Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeiselPower99 View Post
Satan really disappointed me.
He sure didn't disappoint me in the playoffs - when he was in the lineup, he played hard and very well defensively.

Here's my take on your list, Matt:

Bill Guerin-Resign him if possible if he will take a bit of a discount or front load his contract. He's currently making $4.5 mil.

Petr Sykora-Same deal. I think he's as good as gone.

Miroslav Satan-Probable to walk. Not sure about Miro yet. I think he still can bring it and he played well in the playoffs.

Philippe Boucher-If he agrees to a 2 way He's probably gone, as well.

Ruslan Fedotenko-He could be a great role player for the future. Have to keep Tank - he was absolutely great in the playoffs on both ends of the ice and had a decent regular season.

Hal Gill-Comes back if Scuderi doesn't. I say SIGN HIM. He and Scuds played phenomenally in the playoffs, but especially in the finals. With that big body, he forces guys off the puck as good as I've seen it out there. If Bylsma thought he was a detriment to the team, he sure as hell wouldn't have put him out there against all of the top lines or given him that boatload of ice time throughout the playoffs.

Mathieu Garon-I think he walks. Though he did at least hold the fort in Game 5. Ditch him and bring up Curry to back up Fleury.

Janne Pesonen-Signs and possibly could be on the ice. Agreed.

Rob Scuderi-He's a top priority signing. Most definitely, but he could probably get $4.5 to $5 mil in the market, which I don't think the Pens are willing to pay, sadly.

Mike Zigomanis-Sign him. Could be a great benefit to the face-offs. This is a MUST signing.

Craig Adams-The Jury is out. Don't think he'll be back next season, as he was pretty much a rental player. I was very impressed with his post-season play, though.

Jeff Taffe-The Jury Is Out. Agreed.

Bill Thomas-The Jury Is Out. Agreed.

Chris Minard-The Jury Is Out. Agreed for the most part.

Connor James-The Jury Is Out. Agreed.

Alex Goligoski(Restricted)-Could be a great piece to the D-man puzzle. I think we definitely should sign him to a 2-3 year deal.

Ben Lovejoy(Restricted)-The Jury Is Out. He's no Gonchar, but I think he has a lot of potential as a defenseman.

Paul Bisonette(Restricted)-Could be a future enforcer to replace Godard. I love this guy and he's as tough as nails. Hang onto him.

John Curry(Restricted)-Sign him back. Better Back Up Option over Garon. HELL YEAH!!!

Tim Wallace(Restricted)-The Jury Is Out. Agreed.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote