X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: 2009 Free Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Let me get my damn hat first - geeze.
Sorry dude, but FA is just 15 days away. Yes, the Pens won the cup 5 days ago, but it's something that needs to be discussed.

Bill Guerin - Re-sign (2 years, 6 million tops). Have to keep him around.
Petr Sykora - Wouldn't surprise me if he's brought back at the same price (2.5 million)
Miroslav Satan - Gone.
Philippe Boucher - Gone.
Ruslan Fedotenko - To me, a MUST re-sign. This guy is money in the playoffs.
Hal Gill- Comes back if Scuderi doesn't - Agree here.
Mathieu Garon - Gone. John Curry will take over the backup duties next season.
Janne Pesonen - He wants to come back, that's a plus. But he'll not want to waste away in the AHL again either. Wouldn't shock me if he goes back home.
Rob Scuderi - Another MUST re-sign. I don't think he's going to get as much as people think, so they may be able to keep him for $3 million per. If so, then as mentioned, Gill probably will be gone.
Mike Zigomanis - Another MUST re-sign, for his face-off prowess. The Pens got raped twice by the Wings in the Final, losing 70% of the draws in games 1 and 7.
Craig Adams - Gone.
Jeff Taffe - Serviceable AHL call-up. Re-sign.
Bill Thomas - Ditto
Chris Minard - May be gone if Eric Tangradi is truly ready to go next season.
Connor James - Gone. Casey Pierro-Zabotel takes his spot.

Alex Goligoski(Restricted) - Will be on the 3rd D pairing with the Pens next season
Ben Lovejoy(Restricted) - Re-sign
Paul Bisonette(Restricted) - Depends on how he responds to his wrist surgery. If he is expected to fully recover, then yes, re-sign him for the extra toughness he brings. He's not really an enforcer-type though - Aaron Boogaard (brother of Minnesota's Derek) is being groomed as the Pens' next enforcer.
John Curry(Restricted) - Will be Fleury's back-up next season. Re-sign.
Tim Wallace(Restricted) - Re-sign. Can bring energy to the 3rd and 4th line with the Pens as needed.

As for Rob Blake, has this guy wh0red himself out more than any player in the league? He's washed up anyway. Hope the Pens avoid him. I'd love to have Marty Havlat though, and they'd be able to get him on the cheap despite the numbers he put up last season.