View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 12:53 PM   #23
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976
Default Re: Dante Stallworth gets THIRTY days in prison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
I'm confused....are you guys saying that somehow Stallworth set out to run someone over? That he had deliberate foresight and a plan to kill a guy, that he thought about it for a long time and then executed his plan?

Because if you are comparing an accident like Stallworth's with Vick's patterned, planned, long-term actions, there IS no comparison.

Yes, a man is dead, but he also used a CAR to do it, and it WAS accidental. I'm sure Stallworth is contrite and severly apologetic, and I KNOW he didn't deliberately set out to kill a man.

Vick is a POS. He knew what he was doing was wrong, and he set-up an entire illegal enterprise, deliberately flaunting his illegal activities. The two acts are dramatically different because of the INTENT.
I can't speak for everyone else, but what I'm saying is that deliberate or not, if a person is dead because of you, it's automatically worse than whatever happens to a bunch of dogs.

And also that I don't buy the "accidental" part, because deliberately driving drunk kind of cancels that out. No matter how much you thought you weren't going to wreck or how sorry you say you are afterward.

Some people might think Stallworth was less malicious because he was "just" careless ... but if you're so careless that people get killed, now you're talking about more than careless. Certainly more than 30 days' worth, anyway.