View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 09:40 PM   #406
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365
Default Re: 2009 Pittsburgh Pirates Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Morgan was going to lose his job to either Gorkys Hernandez or Jose Tabata within the next 2 years anyway. As much as I've grown to like him, he's not part of the future of this team and I think he is slightly overvalued. He's definitely NOT a #2 hitter - he should either be leading off or hitting 8th. He's not going to lead off with McCutchen here, and as long as Jack Wilson is here he will not hit 8th. So if they can trade him for something of value, and I'd take Milledge and Stammen for him, then I say they do it. The only problem I would have with the deal, and it could be pretty significant, is that Milledge has character issues and dogs it out there quite often. But there is no question that he is far more talented than Morgan, not to mention 4 years younger.
Great post, completely agree

if someone isnt part of your future plans and you can get something in return for him you have to pull the trigger on it.

great performance tonight for the Pirates, Delwyn Young with a bomb of a home run and finally a solid performance from Maholm.

Four in a row, lets close out interleague with a W!!! Anyone know our longest win streak of the season?