View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 11:55 PM   #21
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: 2009 Free Agency

I didn't see this thread before posting the Adams and Guerin signings. Getting both of those guys for a total of $2.55 million next season is a bargain and a half. Guerin can also earn up to an additional $850,000 in incentives and has a no-trade clause. Those 2 deals may make it possible for the Pens to at least make a decent offer to Rob Scuderi, but we'll see.

They must re-sign Ziggy. Pronto. $750,000 per year is a bargain for what he brings to the team. Imagine how much better the Pens would have been with their puck-possession game throughout the playoffs if they had him out there on faceoffs. The Wings had at least 3 goals that I can remember that came directly off faceoffs - those probably don't happen if Ziggy is taking the draws. I really believe he'd have made enough of a difference for the Pens to win one of the first 2 games in Detroit, and the Pens winning the series in 6 rather than 7.

I'm still not sure why they want to re-sign Satan, unless they want to put him on Geno's line with Tank (assuming they re-sign him), but with Max Talbot playing so well with them in the Final, why break them up? I don't understand it.