View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 09:36 AM   #26
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365
Default Re: 2009 Free Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
BTW, the Habs are cleaning house and are letting Saku Koivu and Alex Tanguay go. Anyone think we should take a shot at Tanguay? He's been a pretty good scorer in the past. He didn't have a good season this year, but he was injured for a large part of it and most of the Habs underachieved big time anyway. What I don't get is that they let them go, but are keeping Kovalev and are offering him the captaincy, when at one point last year they sent him home during a road trip and had a terrible season by his standards.
i say we take a shot, if the price is right. Tanguay was one of my favorite players when he played for colorado and would love for him to play in Pittsburgh as long as he doesnt cost to much.

Im really surprised at the moves the Habs are making, i always figured Koivu would be a Canadien till he retired.

Good news on the Guerin and Adams' signing, and for a hell of a bargain, and if we can get Zigomanis to sign before FA starts that would help us big time know where we stand on the Cap.

Tommorrow is so fun because so much happens right off the back, not like football where it takes a few days for anything, if anything happends. Hockey most of the big names are signed tommorrow and all the role players are filled in later days