Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: 2009 Free Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Pttfffthp

Come in off the window ledge.

We are not going to be paying high priced free agents as long as we have Crosby and Malkin so I didn't expect the Pens to start wheeling and dealing on the first day, we don't have the room - Shero will find a way , tweaking here and there.
I know that, but for crying out loud, the Flyers were able to trade for a guy like Pronger and the Rangers dealt Scott Gomez in order to make room for Gaborik. You're telling me the Pens couldn't have done something similar, like maybe with Staal? Last time I checked, they STILL do not have a 2nd-line winger. Where do they think he's going to come from, out of thin air? They also need a 3rd pairing defenseman since more than likely they will lose Scuderi and Beauchemin is a pipe dream. I'm not exactly thrilled with the prospect of Goligoski and Lovejoy as their potential 3rd pairing. And while I do like Mike Rupp - he will bring a nasty, physical edge to the team and is a good player for a 4th liner - it would be very tough to swallow if that ends up in Eric Godard being traded. Rupp can tackle HWs, but he is not the deterrent nor the fighter that Godard is.

Maybe I'm panicking too early, who knows? But right now, I see other teams getting better while the Pens are standing pat.