View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 06:42 PM   #4
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886
Default Re: The Great Debate: 'America's Team'

i honestsly don't think Dallas deserves to be called "America's Team" anymore. i don't think they've done anything in the last 10 years to really stand out. aside from choking in the playoffs and signing divas and primadonnas, then yeah. but with the Steelers winning and being a consistant franchise, the title should go to them.

infact, i think that there should be a bet between Dan Rooney and Jerry Jones, that if Dallas makes it deeper into the playoffs than Pittsburgh does, they get to keep the title and move in with their lives. but if Pittsburgh makes it further into the playoffs, the take the title from Dallas and Dallas can't ever use that name again...EVER.

the chances are, we will make it deeper into the playoffs and possibly win another championship. but what the hell are we going to do with the title "America's Team" when we'll have the title "7 time Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers?" to me, that's better than "America's Team." straight up.