View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 07:59 PM   #6
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886
Default Re: Jack Lambert drawing

Quote:
Originally Posted by beSteelmyheart View Post
I disagree.. it sounds like what you are suggesting is more along the lines of tattoo work.
To make a true artistic representation on paper, it's best to do away with lines altogether. Case in point-when you look at something that you are getting ready to draw, does it have a black outline around it? Of course not, nothing in life does.
To get the best contrast you have to look at what you want to draw & sometimes have to choose a different colored paper, or incorporate some sort of background that would allow you to show the white glove without an outline.
And don't sell yourself short on smooth paper-get something with a nice "tooth" that takes the pencil well.
i wasn't really relating his drawing to tattoo work at all. all i was saying was to make his outlines bolder so his black and grey can contrast better. that's all. not all tattoos have black outlines either. the majority of them do because the art of ink in skin is a lot harder than ink on paper. it's better to have an outline to follow with tattoos because of the fact it's permanent. you want to keep it clean, smooth, and nice. but a lot of tattoos don't have outlines or they are outlined in pastel colors to give it a watercolor effect.

the picture is great the way it is, i was just giving him some contructive critism and just a little pointer. that's all.