View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 09:53 PM   #1
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Default Please say a prayer for my niece

My 15 year old niece, Amanda, has been in intensive care at Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh since last Thurday. She complained of hip pain all week and the doctor told them it was sciatic nerve pain. She was in so much pain on Thursday that she couldn't walk and was running a fever. My mom and my brother drove her an hour and a half to Pittsburgh and she has been battling some kind of infection and been on a morphine pump. First they said it was sepsis, then they said it was sacroilitis. Then possibly staph and then an abcess in the hip joint. I'm not sure they really know yet, but yesterday they changed her antibiotic and she finally started responding to it today.

The doctor told my brother today that if they had not gotten her to Children's when they did, that by Sunday all they would have been able to do was to make her comfortable and she would have died. Hopefully, she is on the mend, but a few extra prayers never hurt.

This is my niece that just received the cochlear implants because she is completely deaf. She's been through alot.

Thanks, friends. Sue
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote