View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 02:17 PM   #25
tucker6
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 12833
Default Re: 10 Toughest QB's of all time - Sirius

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
OK, nothing new here...once again having to defend myself...

On Blanda: He played more games then all but 3 players (and the other 2 were STRICTLY kickers). He played more years than anyone. At age 40, he went on to play nine seasons with Oakland, retiring one month shy of his 49th birthday in August 1976. In his 26-year career, he threw for 26,920 yards, completing 1,911-of-4,007 attempts, with 236 touchdown passes. Blanda scored a franchise-high 863 points with the Raiders and became the first player to score more than 500 points for three teams. Most of all, he kept performing. Most importantly, he played from one era into another, when the players got bigger and stronger and faster, and played at a high level in THE most vulnerable positions (K and QB).

Also bear in mind that the average NFL career lasts 3.5 seasons. He played for 26.

ANY guy in his 40's that will set foot under center is a tough guy in my book. He belongs on the list...
Listen, I respect your opinion, and Blanda may be a tough guy. However, I don't consider him a top ten QB on the tough scale. I believe he falls short, but I'm not saying I'm the last word on it. It's all good.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote