View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 08:06 AM   #39
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321
Default Re: Ray Lewis Touts McNair as Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stover4Prez View Post
How do you know that Ray is NOT a devout Christian? Do you go to church with him? Have you been to his house and talked to him? Perhaps you have been to some of his charity events and seen him being a jerk. I would love to hear these stories.

And he should be sitting in jail based on what? That no witness when questioned in court could say that he hit, kicked or stabbed anyone that night? Except a con artist who was working a deal to make his sentence less? Were you at the club that night?

And Ray and no point said Steve died for your sins. He said he sacrificed, worked hard, played hurt and was a warrior who "sacrificed" for his children. Now that argument can be played out and I completely agree that if you love your kids you shouldn't be hooking up with a crazy chick who just bought a gun! No doubt. But as much as everyone wants to say the Steeler hatred of Ray (and apparently Steve) has slanted your opinion of these comments as well. I didn't particularly like McNair, will never forgive him for HIS loss against Indy in the playoffs, and didn't think he was a great QB. But I would never wish his friends and family to bad mouth him at his funeral.
You're right in that I don't know Ray beyond what I see. I can't judge him or his convictions based upon 3 hours on Sunday and what I read in the paper. I don't know him, nor do I know any Steelers. Who knows what they are really like beyond the limited exposure we have of their lives.

I just think, based upon everything I read in scripture about Jesus, that Ray should have used someone else to compare Steve McNair to. From people I know who have been through this...not murder, but adultery...the emotional pain you put your family through far outweighs any physical pain that Steve endured on the football field.

In his press conference, when Jeff Fisher said that if Steve were alive today, that the Steve McNair he knew would say "I love you Mechelle"....I think the more appropriate thing to say for Steve would be "I screwed up. I'm sorry. Please forgive me".
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote