View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 01:01 PM   #40
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: Ray Lewis Touts McNair as Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stover4Prez View Post
How do you know that Ray is NOT a devout Christian? Do you go to church with him? Have you been to his house and talked to him? Perhaps you have been to some of his charity events and seen him being a jerk. I would love to hear these stories.

okey dokey...here is a story from SI about the "Honorable" Rev. Lewis...who was behind the pulpit at a church event..

Quote:
Lewis is telling the crowd. "Even though I was persecuted, crucified.... Am I O.K.?

“Every time I step on the football field, He's prepared a table for me in the presence of my enemy!" Lewis says, and now he's jeering. "And every time they think they want to say something to me? Every time they think they want to boo me? They have to pay--to come see me."

And it's over. (Pastor) Bryant steps toward him, reaches for the microphone, but Lewis is too far gone. He flings the mike down, and it hits the stage with a reverberating thunk. God's linebacker stalks away, certain he's feeling nothing but grace.

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.c...8943/index.htm
You wanted a public event in which he is being a hypocritical jerk? There ya go...arrogance and repentence NEVER go hand in hand
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote