View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 04:12 PM   #6
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886
Default Re: When in Pittsburgh...

i would recommend taking a day and spending some time in Oakland. take a tour of the Cathedral of Learning (which is the tallest school building in the western hemisphere) and go to the Carnegie Art Museum. that should be worth a day in itself. but when it comes to eating, go to Lulu's Noodles on Craig St. the BEST oriental food i've ever eaten and i eat a lot of oriental food. it was actually voted Best Noodles in PIttsburgh the last 7 years running. (i'll have to double check those facts.) but Oakland can be one of many stops on your journey.

you'll definitely want to do the Riverwalk. you can go from Point State Park to the North Shore by foot and walk across the Roberto Clemente Bridge, around PNC Park, Heinz Field, and stop at the Carnegie Science Center beside the football stadium. eat at Firewater's, McFadden's, and if you were feeling really up for it...go check out the Andy Warhol Museum (my personal favorite pitstop in Pittsburgh.)

there is clearly so much to do and i have yet to experience a lot of it. but those are the things that i REALLY love to do.

also, check out some of the grafitti down there. amazing artists. =)