MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,506 Times in 1,522 Posts
Default Re: Penn State Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwalldavey View Post
I still dispute that claim. We have had many in this area that PSU has never looked at and have gone on to great things.
thats nothing...maryland had steve slaton inked and pulled his scholarship...

Quote:
He visited Maryland as a junior, mulled over other schools -- including West Virginia -- and jumped when the Terrapins' staff offered a scholarship.

"I committed; I was already there," Slaton recalled. "Upcoming program. They were pretty close to home. I liked my family coming to games, and that was a pretty big reason to go there."

In October 2004, a reporter called the Slaton household. He was the one who informed the Conwell-Egan kid that Maryland rescinded its scholarship offer. The turtle knick-knacks? "They're gone," Slaton said.
i guess being from PA...penn state missed out as well

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote