View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 11:13 AM   #29
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750
Default Re: Convicted murderer arrested in Steve McNairs death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
We sure did... in my neighborhood, an ax, a knife and a car are used just as responsibly as a gun. It was only criminals that used them all irresponsibly and hurt others.

I have no problem with private sales of guns. Once again, the only people who would cease selling guns privately if it was outlawed would be the ones who would also have enough responsibility not to sell a gun to someone they didn't trust with it.

___

In this case, it is a shame a person died, and another committed suicide. As usual in suicides, if someone had just seen the signs and confronted her, talked to her, called the police and reported their worries, it would not have happened.

It is much easier to get over embarrassment and finding out that a person wasn't going to commit suicide, than it is to get over the guilt that you could and should have intervened when your suspicions told you there was a suicide attempt.

And yes, McNair is to blame for his life decisions, but that doesn't mean he is to blame for being shot. Those are two different things....
Yes, but if you have people selling guns in parking lots, a criminal or somebody on parole could easily obtain a firearm and there would be no record of it. I have no problem with people selling guns, just so long as they go through the lawful steps.

If I were to legally purchase 100 sniper rifles and sell them to somebody in the middle east, would you be okay with that?