Old 07-23-2009, 04:18 PM   #42
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750
Default Re: Top 5 Coaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
"Mental gymnastics"?

I look at the facts. I see a shitty coach start cheating and have success. I see a mediocre team with a back-up college QB winning multiple super bowls. this is Occam's Razor, the simplest solution is correct: The Patriots had an unfair advantage that propelled them to undeserved success.

Let's break this down a little more. I think their competitive advantage pretty much ended last year. Whatever signals they stole, playbooks they pilfered, radio frequencies they monitored wore out in 2008. You look at their team, and what do you see? Another average QB succeeding in a super QB friendly system. Look at the schedule. Every quality team but one they played, they lost to, with the exception of the Cardinals (but that was a wake up call for Arizona as well). Sure they won 11 games, but look who they beat. KC, Jets, 49ers, Broncs, Rams, Bills (Twice) Dolphins (Phins were decent last year and they split with the Pats), Seahawks, Raiders, and Cards. Most of those teams were below .500.

The teams they couldn't beat? Colts, Chargers, Steelers, Dolphins and Bills...4 of those were playoff teams. So it pretty much bears out what I'm saying...they beat the shit bottom feeders, and lost to playoff quality teams. They don't have the luxury of playing the easiest schedule in the league this year.

Sorry, Charlie, but there is no way I'm going to acknowledge dishonesty, cheating and mediocrity.

You're talking about a year where we lost our franchise player in the first game, yet we still went 11-5. That's all you can dish out: "You had an easy schedule".Dude, your team barely beat the 9-7 arizona cardinals, but that doesn't make your super bowl any lesser than any else. We all play NFL teams, so quit whining about who plays who.

The idea that a lousy coach could become a great coach by conning the entire sport with a simple camcorder is laughable. You have absolutely nothing on Seahawks fans. Their complaints are tame compared to this incessant lunacy.