Old 07-29-2009, 08:00 PM   #513
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: 2009 Pittsburgh Pirates Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghp8baller View Post
i would think that alderson becomes our #1 pitching prospect. The only way i would of traded Sanchez to SF, Alderson would have to been involved. Even with Alderson, we should of been able to get some more out of that trade no doubt.

I like most of the players we got in return, but when you trade Freddy, Jack and Ian in one day, who should be getting a little more than what we got.
SF is very deep in pitching and really not much else, so I don't think they could have gotten any more than that unless it was another, less-highly-touted pitching prospect. I would have liked to see more out of that deal as well, though. Still, I won't bitch about getting Alderson, and yes, he does become our #1 pitching prospect. It also officially puts Brad Lincoln on notice that he'd better get his shyt together if he wants to be in Pittsburgh next year, because he ain't "the man" anymore.

The Wilson trade, though...I'm still not sold on that. There's really not one can't miss prospect in the lot - even the A-ball pitchers aren't sure things (though they have been good). Jeff Clement had better be a decent stick, because we have a dearth of power in the organization right now other than Jones and Alvarez.