View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 09:01 PM   #518
JackHammer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 5640
Default Re: 2009 Pittsburgh Pirates Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
I don't think they were going to get all of those guys for just Sanchez, though it would have been nice. That would have been the trade equivalent of a gang rape had Huntington been able to swing that deal.

It's funny reading some of the comments about this deal. Giants fans are pissed because they gave up a stud pitcher for a "light-hitting 2B" and Pirates fans are pissed because in their view, it's the "same old Pirates." It's like watching Cinderella and Snow White bitching about Rapunzel getting the better-looking "handsome Prince."

As for T. Sanchez, nice to hear he's doing so well. He'll be in Altoona next year for sure if he keeps this up.
Yeah, it's crazy. I'm in favor of the Sanchez trade. I think it was a steal. No way in hell does SF give up much more than Alderson for Sanchez. Same old Pirates or not, we weren't winning with him (and the other bats we've traded this year) and a lot of it had to do with out bats not showing up. Alderson will be on the big team next season I'd imagine and once he gets 30-50 starts under his belt he should be a real stud. 6'6" 217lbs.
JackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote