View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 12:41 AM   #560
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365
Default Re: 2009 Pittsburgh Pirates Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindSteelCurtain View Post
I hope Alvarez can stay over at 3rd. He'll be much more valuable.

I could not have asked more out of Sanchez. He's hitting very well. Would a Russell Martin comparison be accurate?

I expect Pearce to struggle and Clement gets called up to play first. Maybe in a few weeks. I want to see Tabata hit for some more power. Especially if he wants to play a corner OF. Next year will be exciting.

Projected 2010 lineup-eventually...I put the age to show how young they are.

CF- McCutchen-22
LF: Milledge-24
3B: Alvarez-22
1B: Clement-25
RF: Tabata-20
C: Sanchez-22
2B: Young-27
SS: Cedeno-26

I dont expect Sanchez, Tabata, Alvarez to be with the Pirates on Opening Day. My guess is LaRoche, Doumit, Jones get traded during the season and the young guns take over.

1) Zach Duke
2) Paul Maholm
3) Brad Lincoln
4) Charlie Morton
5) Kevin Hart
Looks like a kick ass Lineup and solid enough rotation to compete.

Since DirectTV wont let me watch the Pirate/Nats game live im watching the encore right now, unbelievable. McCutchen is increbible, whoever said we should lock him up now is compeletly right. We need to pull off a Tampa Bay/Evan Longoria situation. They tied him up quickly and early in his career so they get get him for the next 6 years i believe for extremely cheap

Ron Dibble has spent the entire game bashing the pirates, saying this team is full of AAA players and the Nats should be pounding them. Wait a second? which team only has 32 wins?