Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,148 Times in 863 Posts
Default Re: Packer Fan Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by packfntk View Post
Hey guys-

I just want to start out by saying I am a Packer Fan (As you couldn't have read that in the Title).

I want to say that I do respect the long Steeler tradition and the fans. In fact if it weren't for my Green Bay Packers I would be a Steeler Fan. I just love the grit and grime of the defense. I love the terrible towel and everything you guys stand for.

I hopped on this forum in search of advice. My buddies and I take one road trip per year to an away stadium. Naturally, when I saw we played in Pittsburgh this year we immediately decided that we were going. I bought a parking pass, reserved my hotel, and am still in the process of shopping for tickets. We will pay to sit in the lower sections because if you are spending the money it doesn't pay to have crap seats.

I am looking for advice as to what to do when we get to Pittsburgh. We are coming for 4 days so I was wondering if anyone had the scoop on local restaurants, bars, etc.

I can't wait to get there and check out the stadium. I am so jacked up and it is over 4 months away. We are very respectful of the stadiums we visit and can't wait to see the terrible towels fly. Any insight on what we will go through being an away fan at Heinz? We have been pretty lucky where we have went in years past (Except for Chicago of course). But just looking for some guidance. Thanks guys, I appreciate anything you can give me.

Signed,
Packer Fan
Welcome, Nice to have you! To start off, I must say that I always respected the Packers way of playing the grid iron and the iconic image of the game such as Lambeau Field, and the great Vince Lombardi, and the first team ever to win a Super Bowl. The fans are second to none, and one can argue who has the better fans.. Pittsburgh or Green Bay? Respect runs high my man, especially here in Pittsburgh. (Good choice of a game to go to .. if there's one thing I would of liked to do in life would of been able to see Pittsburgh Vs Green Bay in Lambeau.)

You shouldn't have no problems landing tickets as to where to sit. Every seat in Heinz Field is beautiful and there are no bad seats. I pretty much sat in every section. To me, as a diehard, I love the high seats, crazy fans and the view is spectacular, as you can see the whole city of Pittsburgh in the open end. But such fans as yourself sporting the road team, would probably be down low to try to experience the whole scene.

Since most Pittsburgh fans have respect for Green Bay, don't expect to get heckled as much as say, New England, Cleveland, Cincy, Indy, or Baltimore. You'll find we are very respectful as fans of a caliber team such as yours, but you will also find we are very passionate, as yourself. If you find an asshole in the crowd, don't mark it up as all of Steelers Nation because we respect teams like Green Bay.

My suggestions as sight seeing would be a ride on the Gate Way Clipper, taking a stroll at Station Square, and being SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE OF STEELERS TAILGATING. It doesn't get much better than that. If you would like to eat, check out Bettis's restaurant just a couple blocks from the stadium or Promanti's, which is located in the strip.

Have fun being in the Burgh, you will def experience a hardcore, knock you on your ass Football Sunday. Have fun, and may the best team win.. (Which would be us..haha) Hope to see you stick around.