Old 08-07-2009, 07:08 PM   #69
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302
Default Re: Ohio State Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
Penn State has been more so a barrier in the last 4 years. Just a reminder(as much as I hate to admit it.), Penn State had 4 out of 5 years to start the decade that they just fell apart. In the last 4 years they have been one of the teams holding the Big Ten up. As much as OSU Fans don't want to keep this in mind, Ohio State hasn't won a Bowl game since 2005(The Fiesta Bowl vs. Notre Dame). Penn State has won 3 of their last 4.

OSU though has been the ones who have been doing most of the work keeping the Big Ten up at the end of the day. Penn State is moving towards joining them in those ranks at the rate they're improving. OSU though at the same time has lost more BCS Games(at least next to Michigan) this decade then any other Big Ten School.
I agree PSU is on the rise, but to say they have been a bright spot in the Big 10 in the past decade is a stretch. Winning the Outback bowl doesn't qualify as a bright spot. What are there 50 some bowl games? A bowl win isn't the deciding factor. You can't say Illinois won the MicronPC game and OSU lost the NC title game and say Illinois is a brighter spot. I hope PSU beats OSU this year again!!
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote