View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 12:53 PM   #27
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: Browns | Quarterback battle remains open

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post

Hindisight is 20/20 Big Ben exceeded the expectations of almost everyone on the planet...including 99.9% of you Steelers fans. Your own personal revisionist history might make you believe otherwise, but that's a "you" problem.
Here I bust out my best girl voice in the song Paradise by the Dashboard lights by Meatloaf...

STOP RIGHT THERE.

I remember the day we drafted Ben. I had a tear on my cheek from the utter joy I felt at having finally Drafting a Fcking QB with the First Round Pick. Everything about Ben told me, he could do the job. While Rivers and Eli were doing their little dance at the top of the draft board, I was witnessing a Future Super Bowl Winner being drafted by my team. And I KNEW IT on Draft Day. My wife looked at me, sitting on the couch and said "what's the matter" and I said, "Nothing...its all going to be good now. We drafted Ben Roethlisberger out of Miami Ohio. We haven't drafted a QB in the first round since Terry Bradshaw. We are going to finally win the Super Bowl again."

So the Browns EPIC FAIL. for sure on that one. Just like the Steelers Epic Failed for not Drafting Dan Marino out of Pitt.