View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 09:56 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,820 Times in 4,477 Posts
Default Re: The 4th and final edition (A MUST read for Steelers fans)

great stuff. totally agree with the jureviscius / stevens combo to be the best match-up for seattle to try and exploit. this dude is on point with pretty much everything (hampton is no longer the no name big guy doing all the dirty work).

to expand on special teams i think gardockis punting has been overlooked going into this game. since the vikings game he has been consistantly punting the ball to inside the opponents 10. this has allowed the steelers d to pin their ears back and nearly rack up 3 safeties against the vikings, (+2), indy and denver(close calls) either way its pretty de moralizing to have to punt from your own end zone.

im willing to bet cowher is telling ben a 3 and out isnt bad with those special teams and defense backing him (although i think we all can agree that ben has matured enough this year to already know this and carry the game accordingly)

also i definitely agree with this:

"First, let me state that the Seahawks are a good football team. If the Steelers are not prepared, the Seahawks can easily take it to them. With that said, this is the most relaxed, most focused Steeler group I have ever saw. They understand what needs to be done and I fully expect them to handle the situation. But, here is why I think the Steelers will win....."
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote