View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 02:16 AM   #415
brick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10691
Default Re: Steelers vs. Cardinals Gameday Thread - 8/13/09

now i'm just curious about who's gonna be the backup, batch or dixon. i'm guessing batch will be just because dixon's still so young, but based on tonight i wouldn't be that shocked if dixon beats out batchy for the second spot.

i knew from his oregon days that he had an arm, he just needs to clamp down his decision making skills. also i think sometimes he lofts the ball a little too much on short passes, that can work in college but it won't cut it in the nfl, the corners are too fast so if he's going short he really needs to laser it in there..he has the arm strength to do that though. also he tends to go deep a lot, which can be good, but i feel like he goes deep even if it's a low percentage pass (i.e. into coverage near a safety), tonight it didn't bite him in the ass against 3rd stringers but it will in the future if he keeps it up.

lot of raw talent though, could be great if he develops properly.