View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 07:34 AM   #13
J Dogg
Banned

Member Number: 13272
Default Re: WTH Is Wrong With Kids Today???

Bad parents = bad kids.

Face it, there are a lot of bad parents out there. I'm willing to bet anything that the parents of these kids don't think their kids did anything wrong. I see it all the time here in my current job as a military instructor. Most of the kids I interact with on a daily basis are good kids. But there are some whole are total d-bags and they're proud to tell you that they were raised that way.

And for the record, good parenting has NOTHING to do with whipping out the belt. I am so tired of hearing that old chestnut. Good parenting means being engaged with your kids and knowing what's going on with them. Our family has family game night once a week and we play our Wii as a family at least 2-3 nights a week. What kids crave is interaction with their parents and structure. When a kid lacks structure, they'll create it on their own.

That's why I wouldn't trade growing up where I did for anything. In my little hamlet of Western Pa, parents being involved with their kids was rule and not the exception. For all of our cool technology we have, we're less connected to one another than ever before. It's sad and if it doesn't change we're all screwed.
J Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote