View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 08:12 AM   #2
ANDYMISIU
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 13987
Default Re: Redman dominates at goal line

After reading this mornings post on the Steelers official site, I am now joining the short yardage bandwagon. From the goaline drills in camp and from the first preseason game, I am starting to get pumped about a few things. First off, I’m pumped about Frank Summers being the fullback. I know I ripped him a little for his play in the preseason game, but the fact is, the guy can block. It would be so awesome to finally have a blocking fullback in our offense again. Redman seems to have a nose for the goaline, follows his blocks, and finishes plays. I believe that Mendenhall can get between the tackles too. I also believe the offensive line is going to show improvement in run blocking with Hartwig and Stapleton. Parker, Mendenhall, Moore, Redman, and Summers should be a nightmare for opposing defenses.

Parker gives us experience and big play potential, Mendenhall gives us a nice between the tackles runner mixed with big play potential, Moore gives us a 3rd down back who’s a threat, Summers gives us the much missed blocking fullback who can take a direct handoff, and finally Redman hopefully can continue to shine in short yardage.

I am truly encouraged by what I’m seeing in the running game.
ANDYMISIU is offline   Reply With Quote