View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 07:10 PM   #13
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976
Default Re: New Lies for Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
oh i agree considering by the time some of reach retirement age ,the only thing in that social security box will be nothing but IOU's. we won't see a penny of the money they've been taking from us thanks to the idiots we elect. ... isn't it ironic how the government makes laws to govern the citizens, but yet its the citizens who should be making laws to govern the government. we steal from them we pay a penalty...they steal from us and they're not held accountable....
but here's the thing...if every citizen was givin a million dollars say at age 21 ,and STRONGLY advised to make arrangements with a portion of the money for thier retirement years, be it by saving or investing. i bet a large percentage of the people would be flat ass broke without a penny of that million before they hit 50, and the taxpayers would end up supporting them anyway in thier golden years.
They tried to do something like this in the Baltic states after the breakup of the Soviet Union -- once communism ended, instead of just giving everyone the deed to the state-owned house they lived in, they gave them the equivalent amount of cash. Some people just said OK, we'll use it to buy the house. Others spent the money on all kinds of other things, and as you can guess, it didn't work out so well for them. So they had protests demanding help, and wouldn't you know it, most of them ended up in housing paid for by the government (although they didn't actually own them).

heh ... I once knew some girl in this country who came from a pretty poor family, but inherited about a quarter-million dollars when she was about 22 or 23 years old. Quit her job, bought one brand-new SUV, then bought another brand-new SUV. Rented a house by herself for a couple grand a month, and threw big house parties every couple days with hella coke and hella weed.

After about six months, she had to sell the first SUV to pay the rent; after about eight months the second one got repossessed and she was getting evicted, so of course she used the last of the money to throw a "we're getting evicted" party and trash the place. I don't know what she's doing now, but it probably involves selling weed.

Seems like about par for the course if you handed out that kind of cash and left people to their own devices. Although if you gave it to everybody at once, it'd be pretty fun to watch.