View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 07:18 PM   #5
ANDYMISIU
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 13987
Default Re: Steelers camp report: Champs, mellow? Too strange for fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTalons View Post
I dont have a problem with this. Makes sense that you dont want to run everyone into the ground in camp. Just save it for game day, and do enough to refresh but no more.

If they had anything serious to work on Im sure Tomlin would see to it. But the guys sitting around are veterans, they know the deal. They know how to play. And Tomlin is rewarding them for it.

If anything this a sign to Rookies... The sooner you learn what to do and do it well. The less work when it comes to practice your gonna be required to do. Of course you still gotta play lights out on game day. But thats to be expected and these most these guys wouldn't have it any other way.

Personally I think Tomlin is running a good camp. He's working on the people than need to be worked with. And focusing on the big picture which is to field a Superbowl caliber team come Week 1. So its key to not shoot themselves in the foot at practice.
But is it not true that we won the Super Bowl last year running a harder camp?

The saying is "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Changing the way camp is run, is to me, a direct result of winning the super bowl. If we did not win the super bowl last year, I guarantee you that camp is being run this year the same as last year.

That's why I think it's a mistake.

Now, whether or not it effects us is still up in the air. But if we have a let down, you know what the blame is going to be.
ANDYMISIU is offline   Reply With Quote