View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 09:21 PM   #21
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12283
Default Re: New Lies for Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
oh i agree considering by the time some of reach retirement age ,the only thing in that social security box will be nothing but IOU's. we won't see a penny of the money they've been taking from us thanks to the idiots we elect. ... isn't it ironic how the government makes laws to govern the citizens, but yet its the citizens who should be making laws to govern the government. we steal from them we pay a penalty...they steal from us and they're not held accountable....
but here's the thing...if every citizen was givin a million dollars say at age 21 ,and STRONGLY advised to make arrangements with a portion of the money for thier retirement years, be it by saving or investing. i bet a large percentage of the people would be flat ass broke without a penny of that million before they hit 50, and the taxpayers would end up supporting them anyway in thier golden years.
So in other words, to quote myself from a previous post "THE GOVERNMENT NEVER SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN INVOLVED IN PEOPLES RETIREMENT IN THE FIRST PLACE ?!!"

I don't claim to be the greatest source of knowledge on the human mind, but perhaps if we weren't sittin back thinking that social security is our retirment plan, and if instead of making that social security payment to the federal govt we had a bigger paycheck, more people would take on the responsibility of planning for their own future. Would everyone ? No, probably not. But is it the governments job ? HELL NO !

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote